19:56 27th Aug, 2012
AKAI Launches LED29E12 For Rs 22,000, Claims To Be India's First 29" HD-Ready LED TV
Boasts of just a 9 mm bezel around the screen and support for movie playback through USB drives.
AKAI has launched the LED29E12, which it claims is the first LED TV with a 29" screen in India. While there are LED displays with 24" and 32" diagonal sizes, the 29" screen size is generally found only in CRT TVs, thus making the brand's claim sound valid. The slim television is capable of playing Full HD (1080p) content, which is downgraded to play on its panel with HD-Ready (720p) pixel dimensions, and the press release also states that it has a narrow bezel measuring just 9 mm, making its screen look a little larger and nicer. The model also sports dynamic backlighting, which automatically adjusts the brightness according to the ambient light. The LED29E12 claims to consume little power, which is a common feature of LED-backlit TVs. Here are the product specifications:
- 29" HD-Ready (720p) LED TV with a narrow bezel of 9 mm, displays 16.7 million colours.
- 2 x USB ports support Full HD movie playback, music tracks, and pictures.
- 1 x HDMI-In.
- 400 Watt PMPO audio output.
- PC compatible, Dynamic Backlight, Equalizer, 3D Comb Filter, Dynamic Noise Reduction, Dynamic Skin Correction, Vivid Colour Technology.
- Colour: Brushed black steel finish.
The stylish-looking TV has only one HDMI input though, which is quite inconvenient for those who own multiple playback devices such as a set-top box, media player, and gaming console. On the other hand, it has two USB ports, which claim to be able to able to play several movie formats in Full HD, in addition to music tracks and pictures. It would have been better though if the number of ports were reversed to two HDMI and only one USB connection, since the latter is not used as frequently. Finally, the audio output of 400 W PMPO should be loud enough if the specs hold true. The AKAI LED29E12 is priced reasonably at an MRP of Rs 22,000, and you can get it online for Rs 20,000.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499