14:10 07th Jul, 2012
Kick The DNSChanger Trojan Out Of Your System With McAfee's Free Tools
Anti-virus maker's online tool aimed at preventing 270,000+ infected systems from being denied internet access starting Monday.
Is the prospect of being locked out of the internet by the DNSChanger virus giving you the heebie-jeebies? Long story short, this malware, created by phishing scammers, will prevent lakhs of infected systems worldwide from accessing the internet after the FBI pulls the plug on its DNS infrastructure. The US federal authority has been maintaining the rogue servers to ensure that everyone has time to cleanse their systems of the virus. Unfortunately, it still resides in an estimated 270,000+ computers.
Worry not though, since anti-virus expert McAfee has got your back. To get rid of this problem, all you need to do is visit McAfee's DNS checker page to verify if your system has been infected with the malware. If so, the website will offer a free solution to restore the internet settings changed by the software. This is a quick and uncomplicated fix from McAfee, but if for some reason you're wary of corporates, follow this link (removal links at the bottom) that lists alternative solutions to this issue.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance