18:20 26th Jun, 2012
Rumour: BlackBerry L-Series And N-Series Smartphones Caught In An Internal RIM Document
The L-Series is a full-touch phone with a 2.1" wide display, while the N-Series has a 2" wide screen and modified QWERTY keypad.
A few BlackBerry 10 OS phones were leaked last year in the form of devices such as the London and Milan. The Milan was subsequently shelved, while the London continues to remain a mystery. However, it seems like the company was merely using those names as a code for something entirely different. An internal RIM document accessed by N4BB.com shows two new BlackBerry models, though these are merely renders.
Believed to be a highly confidential document that has been in and around RIM, the information has nevertheless managed to leak out. The L-Series, according to the leaked document, has a 2.1" wide full-touch display, with pixel dimensions of 1280x768 (356 ppi). The N-Series, which is codenamed Nevada, is believed to retain the original BlackBerry QWERTY keyboard in a slightly upgraded form. The display is said to have pixel dimensions of 720x720 (330 ppi), and is rumoured to be 2" wide.
It has to be said that the L-Series was expected ever since RIM had announced that the first BB 10 OS smartphone would sport a full-touch display. The N-Series seems to have come as a surprise though, even catching alpha testers of the OS off-guard.
The bottom of the image mentions that the initial units will feature OLED display panels, but future models could sport LCDs. This indicates that RIM will be looking to roll out cost-effective BB smartphones with upgraded hardware in the future.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance