00:49 20th Sep, 2012
RIM Will Showcase BBX At MWC 2012
But phones with the new OS may take a while.
RIM had pinned its revival hopes on its overpriced BlackBerry OS 7 handsets, but that didn't happen. While the wait for the groundbreaking BB phone continues, users have a long-awaited upgrade in the offing. The upcoming BB OS 10, aka BBX isn't out yet, but a handful of leaks on the web have provided glimpses into the new platform. It has now come to light that the fancy new OS will be showcased at the upcoming Mobile World Congress 2012 in Barcelona.
That being said, RIM doesn't plan on rolling out handsets with BBX just yet. The event will only have an OS demo, along with a few smartphones running BB OS 7. The focus will be on native BB apps and the NFC feature, which is still in its infancy. Furthermore, it is reported that handsets such as the Milan and Colt, which were said to accompany the BB London, have been scrapped. So as of now, it seems like the latter is the company's only bet for the new OS.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones