08:09 22nd Jun, 2012
Samsung Acknowledges Reports Of Exploding GALAXY S III Handsets | TechTree.com
Samsung Acknowledges Reports Of Exploding GALAXY S III Handsets
Starts investigations after its flagship smartphone nearly burns down an Irishman's car.
Samsung's hot new phone the GALAXY S III, seems to have gotten too hot for comfort. Dylan Kershaw, an Irish owner of the flagship GALAXY smartphone was driving when "suddenly a white flame, sparks and a bang came out of the phone", he recounted in a forum post titled Galaxy S3 EXPLODES. Dylan claimed that he had kept the phone in a car mount, but it wasn't charging at the time. The photos show extensive fire damage along the bottom edge, with the heat having melted the back cover and plastic body around the area.
Samsung has quickly reacted and confirmed the incident on its official blog, promising to investigate the spontaneous combustion of its pride and joy. "There have been recent online posts displaying pictures of a Samsung GALAXY S III that appears to have heat-related damage at the bottom of the device. Samsung is aware of this issue and will begin investigating as soon as we receive the specific product in question", stated the Korean manufacturer in the blog post.
The reply trail on the forum post seems to suggest that Samsung has replaced the handset. "There is no confirmation that it was a fault with the phone. It may actually have been caused by a combination of my car mount and my cars heating system", posted the owner of the charred flagship handset later in the thread.
This is rather confusing because he had earlier claimed that the passive phone mount wasn't charging the device, so it sounds unlikely that it can or should cause the handset to combust. In the meantime, GLALXY S III users might want to slip their phones into this before parking it next to the family jewels.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance