12:41 30th Sep, 2012
Kareena Kapoor Launches Sony VAIO T Ultrabook, Starts At Rs 46,000
Also unveils the lightweight VAIO Z for Rs 1,80,000 and VAIO E14A with Core i7 CPU for Rs 56,000.
Sony has launched the VAIO T Ultrabook at an event attended by its brand ambassador Kareena Kapoor. The slim and lightweight model (and I mean the VAIO by that) is powered by a third-generation Intel Core i5 processor and sports 11.6" and 13.3" displays. Although the VAIO series is generally priced on the higher side, the T series of ultrabooks starts at Rs 46,000 for the VAIO T13 and Rs 50,000 for the VAIO T11. Despite its small form factor, the ultrabook includes VGA and LAN cable connectors, in addition to USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and HDMI ports.
Additionally, the event also saw the introduction of the VAIO E14A laptop, featuring what Sony calls a "wrap design", with wrap-around colour accents on its edges. This one's clearly targeted at the fashion-conscious crowd. For this purpose, it ships with a "personalization kit" comprising of a matching keyboard skin and mouse. It's equipped with a third-generation Intel Core i7 CPU and AMD Radeon HD 7670M discrete GPU. This laptop costs between Rs 56,000 and Rs 66,000, depending on the configuration.
Those with deeper pockets can opt for the Rs 1,80,000 VAIO Z. It claims to run for 5.5 hours, despite a really light weight of just over 1 kg. This laptop is clearly targeted at upwardly mobile consumers, who care more about style than what lies under the bonnet. This is evident from the fact that nothing has been mentioned regarding the specs. However, Sony has been gracious enough to reveal that it sports a "refreshed design featuring VAIO's 15th Anniversary engraving". Considering the lack of other details, I hope the engraving has at least been set in gold to justify the intimidating price tag.
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch