12:41 30th Sep, 2012
Kareena Kapoor Launches Sony VAIO T Ultrabook, Starts At Rs 46,000
Also unveils the lightweight VAIO Z for Rs 1,80,000 and VAIO E14A with Core i7 CPU for Rs 56,000.
Sony has launched the VAIO T Ultrabook at an event attended by its brand ambassador Kareena Kapoor. The slim and lightweight model (and I mean the VAIO by that) is powered by a third-generation Intel Core i5 processor and sports 11.6" and 13.3" displays. Although the VAIO series is generally priced on the higher side, the T series of ultrabooks starts at Rs 46,000 for the VAIO T13 and Rs 50,000 for the VAIO T11. Despite its small form factor, the ultrabook includes VGA and LAN cable connectors, in addition to USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and HDMI ports.
Additionally, the event also saw the introduction of the VAIO E14A laptop, featuring what Sony calls a "wrap design", with wrap-around colour accents on its edges. This one's clearly targeted at the fashion-conscious crowd. For this purpose, it ships with a "personalization kit" comprising of a matching keyboard skin and mouse. It's equipped with a third-generation Intel Core i7 CPU and AMD Radeon HD 7670M discrete GPU. This laptop costs between Rs 56,000 and Rs 66,000, depending on the configuration.
Those with deeper pockets can opt for the Rs 1,80,000 VAIO Z. It claims to run for 5.5 hours, despite a really light weight of just over 1 kg. This laptop is clearly targeted at upwardly mobile consumers, who care more about style than what lies under the bonnet. This is evident from the fact that nothing has been mentioned regarding the specs. However, Sony has been gracious enough to reveal that it sports a "refreshed design featuring VAIO's 15th Anniversary engraving". Considering the lack of other details, I hope the engraving has at least been set in gold to justify the intimidating price tag.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones