Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
14:11 28th Feb, 2017
MWC 2017: HMD Unveils Metal-Clad Nokia 3 And Nokia 5 | TechTree.com
MWC 2017: HMD Unveils Metal-Clad Nokia 3 And Nokia 5
The handsets deliver premium build on budget.
Thanks to HMD, Nokia has been making headlines at the Mobile World Congress 2017. Along with the iconic Nokia 3310, HMD global, which has licenced Nokia brand name, announced two new smartphones. Both these phones run Android Nougat out-of-the-box. The company worked with the search-giant for tight Google Assistant integration.
First up, the Nokia 5 flaunts a seamless metal body. Each handset is engineered out of a single block of aluminium. Such manufacturing process is mostly reserved for high-end phones. The handset sports a 5.2-inch IPS (Ina Pane Switching) screen. Backed by the Snapdragon 430, the Nokia 5 isn't really a powerful phone though. It has 2 GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage, and a microSD card slot. The Nokia 5 packs-in a 3000 mAH battery. Available silver, black, blue, and Copper, the Nokia 5 will be priced at €189. In India, it is likely to cost around Rs 14,000.
The Nokia 3 is a compact smartphone for budget conscious people. It has a 5-inch HD screen with a 2.5D Gorilla Glass protection. The phone is powered by a modest MediaTek MT6737 chipset. Much like the Nokia 5, it comes with 2 GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage, and microSD card slot. The phone has an 8-megapixel camera on front and back. It supports 4G LTE and packs-in 2650 mAh battery. Available in silver white, black, blue and copper white, the Nokia 3 will retail for €139. It is likely to be priced under Rs 10,000 in India.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals