14:26 28th May, 2012
LG's New Smartphone LCD Panel Beats iPhone's Retina Display | TechTree.com
LG's New Smartphone LCD Panel Beats iPhone's Retina Display
5" IPS screen sports resolution of 440 ppi, but Toshiba's 498 ppi display is still miles ahead of the competition.
LG's brand new 5" Full HD LCD panel caters to a growing trend of smartphones with large screens. Its AH-IPS (Advanced High Performance In-Plane Switching) display incorporates better viewing angles and colour fidelity than a regular LCD display. The bump-up in screen size doesn't come at the cost of image sharpness, because this panel sports a Retina Display-humbling resolution of 440 ppi. That's still lower compared to Toshiba's monstrous 6.1" LCD cramming a whopping 498 pixels per inch.
LG's display, however, boasts of a 16:9 aspect ratio, which is suitable for 1080p content, faster response times for better gaming, and claims to possess better brightness efficiency for longer battery life. Expect this LCD screen to ship with your favourite mobile phone starting from the second half of 2012.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance