Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
21:39 21st Oct, 2011
Toshiba Flaunts A 498 ppi Density LCD For Mobiles
The 6.1" pixel-packed screen will be exhibited later this week.
Toshiba Mobile Display's President, Masahiko Fukakushi has announced an LCD panel that features pixel dimensions of 2560x1600. This even beats the Full HD resolution format, which has 1920x1080 pixels. The 6.1" screen packs in a pixel density of 498 ppi (pixels per inch), a whopping 50% increase over Apple's Retina display.
According to the company, this LCD panel is a result of special processing techniques for forming high-performance Low-Temperature Poly-Silicon (LTPS) Thin-Film Transistors (TFT) on glass substrates, and other fabrication techniques that have been cultivated over the years. In short, this screen is currently one of its kind. It has a contrast ratio of 1000:1, can display 16.7 million colours, and offers a 176-degree viewing angle, both horizontally and vertically.
The following image released by Toshiba demonstrates how screens with different pixel densities stack up against each other:
Toshiba will showcase this LCD next week at the FPD International 2011 exhibition in Yokohama, Japan. Needless to say, number-crunching fandroids will love to have this screen in their mobiles.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones