Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
21:39 21st Oct, 2011
Toshiba Flaunts A 498 ppi Density LCD For Mobiles
The 6.1" pixel-packed screen will be exhibited later this week.
Toshiba Mobile Display's President, Masahiko Fukakushi has announced an LCD panel that features pixel dimensions of 2560x1600. This even beats the Full HD resolution format, which has 1920x1080 pixels. The 6.1" screen packs in a pixel density of 498 ppi (pixels per inch), a whopping 50% increase over Apple's Retina display.
According to the company, this LCD panel is a result of special processing techniques for forming high-performance Low-Temperature Poly-Silicon (LTPS) Thin-Film Transistors (TFT) on glass substrates, and other fabrication techniques that have been cultivated over the years. In short, this screen is currently one of its kind. It has a contrast ratio of 1000:1, can display 16.7 million colours, and offers a 176-degree viewing angle, both horizontally and vertically.
The following image released by Toshiba demonstrates how screens with different pixel densities stack up against each other:
Toshiba will showcase this LCD next week at the FPD International 2011 exhibition in Yokohama, Japan. Needless to say, number-crunching fandroids will love to have this screen in their mobiles.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499