Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
14:44 13th Dec, 2016
Panasonic Unveils Its Automated Grocery Shopping Experience
The Japanese company's checkout machine can handle everything from detecting items in your cart to raising an invoice.
Last week, Amazon showcased its automated grocery checkout system, which saves you from the long checkout queues. If that wasn't enough to make the store cashiers in developed countries feel insecure about their jobs, the Japanese tech company Panasonic has now unveiled its automated grocery checkout system.
Panasonic's checkout machine can handle everything from detecting items in your cart to raising an invoice. The system comprises of a basket can identify cart items by scanning the tags. It then raises a bill and even packs the items in a plastic bag.
Amazon's implementation is a bolder one as it uses array of cameras and sensor to let you pick up the stuff and walk out. The e-commerce giant then charges you from your Amazon wallet. In contrast, Panasonic's automated grocery store system enables customers to pay by cash or card. This means that these machines may require a human to oversee the operations.
A good things is that Panasonic's checkout system keeps its prying eyes limited to the shopping basket. On the other hand, Amazon's in store system will be monitoring you like a high security prison.
Panasonic is having a test run of its system at Lawson convenience store in Osaka, Japan. If things go as planned, the company will give this technology a wider release in 2018.
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020