15:43 29th Jun, 2016
NASA Brings Internet To The Entire Solar System! | TechTree.com
NASA Brings Internet To The Entire Solar System!
Delay/Disruption Tolerant Networks established by NASA is currently being tested in the International Space Station.
A team of NASA scientists, along with Dr Vinton G Cerf (Vice president of Google), has designed a system that provides internet to the entire solar system. This project aims to enhance the data availability for various explorations being performed at the space stations.Delay/Disruption Tolerant Networks use store-and-forward techniques, in order to compensate for intermittent link connectivity.
The network stores a limited bundle of data in nodes (including a communication path) until it can be retransmitted or forwarded. The packets are then re-bundled at the final destination, which could be some stations on earth, some other planet, or some spaceships in deep space.
“Our experience with DTN on the space station leads to additional terrestrial applications especially for mobile communications in which connections may be erratic and discontinuous. In some cases, battery power will be an issue and devices may have to postpone communication until battery charge is adequate. These notions are relevant to the emerging ‘Internet of Things’.” said Dr Cerf.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India