11:27 08th Jun, 2016
Meitu Apps Hits One Billion Unique Devices
With over 300 million active users, a total of over 4.5 billion photos and videos have been taken and processed using the app.
When Mr Bean and Joey Tribbiani tried to click pictures of themselves, little did the world know that in years to come it would be known as a selfie! Selfies are a huge rage among people of ages across the world and everyone loves a perfect selfie. Following the selfie craze a slew of apps were developed to help people click and edit their images to “picture perfect”. Meitu, one of the world's leading developers, has announced that its mobile photo and video apps have been installed on over one billion unique devices, and is growing new activations by over 2 million every day.
Since launching in 2008, Meitu has built a suite of apps including MeituPic, Meipai, SelfieCity, BeautyCam, BeautyPlus, Airbrush and MakeupPlus. Today, the company is the number three mobile app developer in China and a top ten global developer on the Apple App Store.
"Surpassing one billion unique mobile devices in such a short time is an incredible and exciting milestone for Meitu," says Frank Fu, Managing Director of Meitu's Global Operations. "But this is just the beginning. We are now working to leverage our leadership in facial recognition and virtual try-on to build a global beauty ecosystem where users worldwide can easily discover, experiment and create new looks - right from their phones."
The apps are available for free downloads on App Store and Play Store
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance