11:27 08th Jun, 2016
Meitu Apps Hits One Billion Unique Devices | TechTree.com
Meitu Apps Hits One Billion Unique Devices
With over 300 million active users, a total of over 4.5 billion photos and videos have been taken and processed using the app.
When Mr Bean and Joey Tribbiani tried to click pictures of themselves, little did the world know that in years to come it would be known as a selfie! Selfies are a huge rage among people of ages across the world and everyone loves a perfect selfie. Following the selfie craze a slew of apps were developed to help people click and edit their images to “picture perfect”. Meitu, one of the world's leading developers, has announced that its mobile photo and video apps have been installed on over one billion unique devices, and is growing new activations by over 2 million every day.
Since launching in 2008, Meitu has built a suite of apps including MeituPic, Meipai, SelfieCity, BeautyCam, BeautyPlus, Airbrush and MakeupPlus. Today, the company is the number three mobile app developer in China and a top ten global developer on the Apple App Store.
"Surpassing one billion unique mobile devices in such a short time is an incredible and exciting milestone for Meitu," says Frank Fu, Managing Director of Meitu's Global Operations. "But this is just the beginning. We are now working to leverage our leadership in facial recognition and virtual try-on to build a global beauty ecosystem where users worldwide can easily discover, experiment and create new looks - right from their phones."
The apps are available for free downloads on App Store and Play Store
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals