11:27 08th Jun, 2016
Meitu Apps Hits One Billion Unique Devices
With over 300 million active users, a total of over 4.5 billion photos and videos have been taken and processed using the app.
When Mr Bean and Joey Tribbiani tried to click pictures of themselves, little did the world know that in years to come it would be known as a selfie! Selfies are a huge rage among people of ages across the world and everyone loves a perfect selfie. Following the selfie craze a slew of apps were developed to help people click and edit their images to “picture perfect”. Meitu, one of the world's leading developers, has announced that its mobile photo and video apps have been installed on over one billion unique devices, and is growing new activations by over 2 million every day.
Since launching in 2008, Meitu has built a suite of apps including MeituPic, Meipai, SelfieCity, BeautyCam, BeautyPlus, Airbrush and MakeupPlus. Today, the company is the number three mobile app developer in China and a top ten global developer on the Apple App Store.
"Surpassing one billion unique mobile devices in such a short time is an incredible and exciting milestone for Meitu," says Frank Fu, Managing Director of Meitu's Global Operations. "But this is just the beginning. We are now working to leverage our leadership in facial recognition and virtual try-on to build a global beauty ecosystem where users worldwide can easily discover, experiment and create new looks - right from their phones."
The apps are available for free downloads on App Store and Play Store
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones