Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
12:09 27th Apr, 2012
Sony Mobile Releases Android 4.0 Update For Xperia arc S, neo V, And ray
Other handsets in the Xperia line-up will have to wait for another month or two.
After releasing the Android 4.0 update for select European countries, Sony Mobile has finally rolled out its new OS upgrade in India. According to the company's Facebook page, the ICS update is now seeding for the Xperia arc S, Xperia neo V, and Xperia ray.
Back in February, the Japanese manufacturer had released beta ICS ROMS for these handsets. Although Sony Mobile failed to release the final version in March, a month's delay isn't too bad. Considering that this is a major upgrade, it won't be made available as an OTA (Over The Air) update. If you own any of the aforementioned phones, grab a USB cable, and fire up the PC Companion software. If you're looking for detailed installation instructions, head over to company's Android 4.0 page.
Users of other devices including Xperia arc, PLAY, neo, mini, mini pro, pro, active, and Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman will have to wait for another month or two for this update to come their way.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones