11:43 10th Nov, 2015
Flipkart Rolls Out Mobile Website; No More App-Only Strategy | TechTree.com
Flipkart Rolls Out Mobile Website; No More App-Only Strategy
Flipkart Lite has been built completely using Chrome development tools making it only available on Google Chrome mobile version as of now.
While it has been surfacing in the news about the Flipkart's app-only strategy, the e-commerce giant seems to have now launched a lighter version of the actual website for mobiles.
Christened as 'Flipkart Lite', the app-like mobile website is said to have been optimized for low-speed data connections in India. Also, the new mobile website comes with features like push notifications and home screen access which are quite similar to those found in the app.
The new mobile website is also said to have been rolled out exclusively on Google Chrome which allows users to add the website to the home screen of the smartphone.
However, the mobile browser version of the site lacks mobile app features like Ping.
[Related: Flipkart Puts Its App-Only Plans On Hold]
While this definitely looks like a good news for many of the Flipkart users who were unhappy with the app-only model, we also feel that this strategy might increase the number of Google Chrome users on mobile devices.
No need to say that, now, with only one app, Google Chrome, users can surf and also visit Flipkart while they can also buy it there itself.
It is also being said that the new mobile browser experience has been built by the company completely using the Chrome development tools.
Having said everything, while apps are to be updated frequently which is a point of cumbersome in a country like India, the mobile browser version is just a 'refresh' click away to stay updated and current.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals