10:05 03rd Sep, 2015
Flipkart Puts Its App-Only Plans On Hold
Seems like big appliance and furniture sellers are not convinced with the strategy.
A few months ago, Flipkart decided to focus only on its smartphone app in future. It was reported that the e-commerce website will shut its desktop website to embrace the app only strategy. However, a latest report from Economic Times suggest that Flipkart is putting this move on hold.
To test the waters, Flipkart shut Myntra's website last year. Myntra officials claim that 95 percent of its traffic and 70 percent sales originated from the mobile platform. Hence, they decided to abandon the desktop users.
In last month's article, we pointed out that the same numbers also suggest that 5 percent traffic from a desktop platform account for 30 percent in sales.
For Flipkart, mobile platform makes up for 70-75 percent of the total traffic. 30 percent is definitely not a small number to be left behind.
Economic Times claim that a tipster working for Flipkart informed that the large appliances and furniture sellers are not convinced about the app-only strategy.
With the move put on hold, Flipkart will now assess the possible impact for some time. This however, does not mean that Flipkart has scrapped the app-only plans. The company may implement it by the end of the year.
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020