10:05 03rd Sep, 2015
Flipkart Puts Its App-Only Plans On Hold
Seems like big appliance and furniture sellers are not convinced with the strategy.
A few months ago, Flipkart decided to focus only on its smartphone app in future. It was reported that the e-commerce website will shut its desktop website to embrace the app only strategy. However, a latest report from Economic Times suggest that Flipkart is putting this move on hold.
To test the waters, Flipkart shut Myntra's website last year. Myntra officials claim that 95 percent of its traffic and 70 percent sales originated from the mobile platform. Hence, they decided to abandon the desktop users.
In last month's article, we pointed out that the same numbers also suggest that 5 percent traffic from a desktop platform account for 30 percent in sales.
For Flipkart, mobile platform makes up for 70-75 percent of the total traffic. 30 percent is definitely not a small number to be left behind.
Economic Times claim that a tipster working for Flipkart informed that the large appliances and furniture sellers are not convinced about the app-only strategy.
With the move put on hold, Flipkart will now assess the possible impact for some time. This however, does not mean that Flipkart has scrapped the app-only plans. The company may implement it by the end of the year.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones