13th Aug 2015
Windows 10 has been making quite a noise since long before its release with people talking about some of its best features. It seems to have become a norm to talk about Microsoft's Edge browser, Cortana and a few other notable features while speaking about the latest operating system by Microsoft.
But what about the other features which are relatively smaller but very useful? So, without any further ado, here is a list of 5 features that you probably might have not yet heard of existing in Windows 10.
1. Record games and apps using Microsoft's new Game Bar-recording function
Yes. Windows 10 has a new Game Bar-recording function which allows users to not only record gameplay, but also to record any apps. However, the record feature won't work for system activities such as Notepad or Paint. Users can access all the saved videos in the Xbox app (Game DVR Section) or inside your specific user folder (Video > Captures).
2. Pin the Recycle Bin to the Start Menu.
Windows 10 allows its users to pin the Recycle Bin to the Start Menu with a very simple way; by just right-clicking on the Recycle Bin and select 'Pin to Start'. However, to recall, it was a pretty big story to make a quick shortcut to the Recycle Bin in Windows 7 and 8.
3. Uninstall nearly any app directly from the Start menu.
We all know how difficult it is to uninstall the applications in the previous version of Windows. But, at the same time, it seems we are accustomed to it now. However, with Windows 10, you can right-click any app in the Start Menu and select "Uninstall" to remove it. This includes traditional desktop applications as well as the new "modern" apps.
4. Lock your computer with your fingerprint.
From entering passwords to scanning our faces or iris, laptops and PCs have come a long way keeping security in mind as the average user is looking for better options to protect themselves. While phones have already started supporting fingerprint scanners, Windows 10 will probably take it to a new level. Yes. Windows 10 supports fingerprint scanners. But, of course, a fingerprint sensing hardware is needed for this to work which people won't have.
5. GodMode will get a lengthy list of commands to use and brings all the OS-control settings together in one folder.
If you enable GodMode on Windows 10, you will get a lengthy list of commands to use. GodMode brings all the OS-control settings together in one folder. Think of it as your administrative onestop shop, rather than having to poke all around Windows in order to find Control panel settings and configurations.
[Also Read: Best Features Of Windows 10]
Five Windows 10 Features That You Might Have Not Yet Heard About | TechTree.com
Five Windows 10 Features That You Might Have Not Yet Heard About
While we are well aware of features like Cortana, Edge Browser and Continuum, these are some features that are rarely talked about.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals