04th Jul 2012
The Titanic has been used as a backdrop for several historic fictional stories, from the four-hour epic Leonardo Dicaprio-Kate Winslet movie of the same name, to the cult-classic Kane and Abel by Jeffery Archer. As the disaster completes 100 years on 14th April this year, National Geographic is celebrating its epic journey through history with three interactive Flash-based applications, trivia, and documentaries, which will also be aired on the TV channel.
Users can enjoy two games titled, Adventure on the Titanic and Titanic's Keys to the Past. The first game lets you take a first-class trip aboard the most luxurious ocean-liner of its time as one of the four characters specified in the game. While there is not too much animation, it does walk you through the ship. Depending on the character's rank, in terms of social standing, you will be stopped from entering certain areas — such as ladies from the smoking room — without using your Clout points.
The second game takes you back to the sunken ship to find missing keys to help you piece back the events as they happened. It ends quite abruptly at the second stage and appears more like a teaser for the documentary, which was aired on the channel. It will be launched completely by June as a full-fledged game for the Windows PC and Mac via BigFishGames.com, as well as for users on the iOS and Android platforms.
The Building Titanic: An Interactive Timeline is also an interesting depiction of how the mighty ship was put together. The Flash-based programme is also available as a free app for iPad users.
Apart from these you can also checkout documentaries, read up trivia, and relive the magic and the tragedy on board the world most talked about luxury ship.
TechTree Blog: Nat Geo Celebrates 100 Years Of Titanic's Tale | TechTree.com
TechTree Blog: Nat Geo Celebrates 100 Years Of Titanic's Tale
Offers interactive games, documentaries, and other interesting trivia about the sunken ship.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals