14th Mar 2012
It is very easy to get any information these days, with the internet providing just about anything you need to know. Most people prefer hunting for information on user-generated knowledge networks such as Wikipedia, though at times the authenticity of such data is questionable. That seems to be the reason that Encyclopaedia Britannica has survived for 244 years, despite the big internet revolution. However, now the print version that meticulously collected and published history of the world since 1768 across its 32 volumes will be put to rest.
As this move creates history in itself, you can still pick up copies at libraries, or purchase what is left of it online. However, this is certainly not the end of the road for the knowledge powerhouse, as the publication went online 13 March. For the first week from that date, Britannica Online will be "entirely free". However, future pricing details are yet to be revealed. Considering that these volumes were out of reach for most consumers, this is surely a welcome move. Moreover, with most academic projects now being carried out online, teachers won't have to worry about students accessing factually incorrect information after all.
TechTree Blog: Encyclopaedia Britannica Goes Online
Will offer free services for the first week.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance