Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
20th Aug 2014
When it comes to productivity, nothing beats the good old desktop computers. However, if you want portability, laptops are the way to go. Sure, tablets are eating into the PC market, and they're good for people whose work revolves only around sending emails. In that case, check out our top tablet recommendations. On the other hand, if your work involves juggling between documents, spreadsheets, and media files, you need a laptop. Depending on your budget, here's the list of notebooks worth buying:
Street Price: Rs 18,800
If you're on a tight budget, Netbooks are the way to go. The Asus X200CA is compact laptop that weighs in only 1.3 kgs. It features a 11.6-inch screen (1366x768 pixels). The laptop is powered by Intel's Celeron Dual Core processor clocked at 1.5 GHz. There's 2 GB RAM and 500 GB internal storage. Other features include a webcam, memory card reader, USB 3.0 port, and HDMI out. For Rs 18,800, the system comes loaded with DOS. You can either decide to run it using free Linux distros or invest in Microsoft Windows.
Dell Vostro 14 V3446
Street Price: Rs 29,900
When you're willing to shell out up to Rs 30,000, there are plenty of laptops to choose from. However, the Vostro 14 V3446 stands out due to its sturdy built. The Vostro is fuelled by a 1.7 GHz 4th generation Intel Core i3 processor. Its 14" screen has pixel dimensions of 1366x768. There's 4 GB RAM to take care of all your multitasking. It packs in an NVIDIA 820M GPU, which is capable of handling games at low-settings. Other specs include 500 GB hard drive, memory card slot, 2 USB, and 1 USB 3 port.
HP Pavilion 15-N260TX
Street Price: Rs 39,600
For around 40k, you can easily get a powerful laptop. The Pavilion 15-N260TX gives you more value with 2 GB AMD Radeon HD 8670M GPU to handle some moderate gaming. Yes, it's good enough to play most titles in Call Of Duty series. Other features include a 500 GB hard drive, webcam, card reader, DVD Drive, and DTS sound chip. Plus, the laptop comes with Windows 8.1 (64 bit) out-of-the-box. At the heart is a 4th gen Intel Core i3 1.7 GHz processor. To handle multitasking you get 4 GB RAM, which can be upgraded up to 8 GB.
Asus X550LD (XX082D)
Street Price: Rs 49,400
Fifty thousand rupees is a lot of money, and if you're spending that much on a laptop, it better be a beast of a machine. In terms of specs, the Asus X550LD dwarfs everything in its class. It boasts of an absurdly powerful 4th generation Intel Core i7 processor clocked at 1.8 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3 GHz). It packs in 8 GB of RAM and 1 Terabyte hard drive. For gaming you get an NVIDIA GT 820M GPU that can run most PC games at medium settings. Them there's a 15.6-inch screen, USB 3.0 port, HDMI-out, card reader, webcam, and DVD RW Drive with Dual Layer support. The laptop ships with DOS, so you will have spend more for Windows.
Top Laptop Recommedations (August, 2014)
An updated list of laptops worth buying.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-