15:52 20th Aug, 2015
Latest Leak Reveals BlackBerry's So Called Android Handset
The QWERTY slider is expected to feature Android Lollipop.
BlackBerry may not be selling a lot of handsets, but its fan-base is somewhat enough to keep the company alive. You may call it a company in a vegetative state, but one thing for sure that it is far from dead.
Recently, Samsung launched a physical keyboard accessory with its Galaxy S6 edge+ to challenge the Canadian brand. Now it seems Blackberry wants to hit back at the South Korean electronics giant with a new Android device powered by Android.
Over last few months, we have come across many rumours pointing at such device. However, now thanks to the popular "leakster" @evleaks, we have got a glimpse of Blackberry's next move.
Codenamed Venice, the upcoming device is said to pack in a vertical slider keyboard. Going by the image and video posted by @evleaks, the design is reminiscent of the BlackBerry Torch 2 9810 with a modern twist. Those familiar with early Windows Phone devices, may label it the Dell Venue Pro clone. The loudspeaker placement is intriguing though.
In case there was any doubt... pic.twitter.com/yfFfyqEg5v— Evan Blass (@evleaks) August 19, 2015
According to the rumours, The Venice will run Android Lollipop out-of-the-box. Most probably. BlackBerry will replace some of the Google services with its own.
Then, there were leaked images of of a Passport-esque Blackberry. However, we found that lot to be an example of bad 'Photoshop' job.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000