Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
16:12 22nd Jul, 2015
Uber Implements Cash Payment Option In Five Indian Cities
You can pay for Uber rides by cash in Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Hyderabad, and Kochi.
Users would know that till now Uber only accepted electronic payments so far. Trusting payment gateways over its drivers. Uber accepts payments via credit cards. Those who don't have one can use e-wallets such as PayTM. To initiate a ride, minimum balance of Rs 200 has been necessary. Things have changed in a few cities though, as Uber has started accepting cash payments in Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Jaipur and Kochi.
For those not in the know, you can get a Uber can with a few clicks on its app. The app uses phone's GPS for sharing your location with a cabbie for pick-up. Yes, no more explaining those roads to drivers. In fact, you can even track the cab on your smartphone.
First phase of the testing took place in Hyderabad, so it takes the number of cities offering cash payment option to five. users in Metros will have to continue taking the e-route.
If you reside in one of the aforementioned five cities, and want to try out the cash payment option, make sure you choose the 'Cash' option before taking a ride.
In little time, the "app cab" company Uber has been talk of the town. Mostly for good reasons, and then some controversies. Though I must agree that requesting a ride on Uber is convenient.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000