09:58 07th Jul, 2015
Instagram Ups The Ante From 640 Pixels To 1080 Pixel Images
Makes more sense on those higher resolution displays.
Instagram has finally begun showing higher resolution images on its feeds. The new images may take a wee bit longer to load, but they will certainly look sharper and crisper on your mobile device’s display.
According to The Verge, the old and ancient resolution will now gradually be done away with. The old 640 x 640 pixels resolution may sound lame, but it certainly works better on slower connections.
The new 1080 x 1080 pixels resolution not only looks better on mobile, but makes for clearer pictures on the web as well.
While those with low-resolution mobile displays will not see a difference, images may suddenly appear clearer to those with better ones.
[Also Read: Instagram 7.0 Is The Update Everyone Wants]
The new upgrade, that comes after ages, will only be limited to mobile devices for now and not the desktop clients. This as per an Instagram spokesperson, will remain the focus for now, as the social network has “no plans to share on web.”
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000