Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
13:56 17th Nov, 2011
Amazon Unveils Kindle Fire
Affordable 7" Android tablet to launch on 15th November.
Amazon has finally entered the tablet arena with the launch of its Kindle Fire. Except for the name, this gadget has nothing in common with the original Kindle.
The device's 7" screen is protected by Gorilla Glass. Under the hood is a dual-core 1 GHz CPU and 512 MB of RAM. Other specs include 8 GB of storage, Wi-Fi, 3.5 mm jack, and a micro-USB port. However, it lack features such as a camera and GPS. The tablet measures 7.5" (l) x 4.7" (w) x 0.45" (d), and weighs 413 grammes. Being an Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) tablet, it will allow users to download apps from Amazon's Android Appstore, but access to Google's Android Market is restricted.
The Kindle Fire will be released on 15th November, 2011. The device can be pre-ordered for $200 (approx Rs 10,000), but currently overseas orders cannot be placed. Hence, we will have to wait a little longer for this affordable yet desirable device.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000