18:28 18th Mar, 2014
Moto X Launches Tomorrow For Rs 24,000
Black and White versions up for sale immediately with the rest of the colours on pre-order.
Flipkart surely set the web ablaze with the launch of the Moto G. The 16 GB variant got sold out in a matter of hours, while the 8 GB one sold out in a month’s time. This time around, the e-store is geared up to launch the Moto G's bigger brother the Moto X.
The hardware specs do show promise, but again is the phone worth the Rs 24,000 price tag? We say nay; and the phone to blame is none other than the Moto G. The budget phone offers a quad-core Snapdragon 400 chipset, whereas the Moto X settles for the dual-core processor. The MotoX does have an edge with a 10 megapixel camera and AMOLED screen, but that still doesn't justify the price tag.
Below are the hardware specs of the Moto X:
- 4.7" AMOLED (RGB) / 720p HD screen with Corning Gorilla Glass.
- Snapdragon S4 Pro 1.7 Ghz SoC.
- Quad-core Adreno 320 GPU.
- 2 GB RAM.
- 10 MP Rear Camera.
- 2 MP Front Camera.
- 2200 mAh battery.
- 16 GB Internal Memory (not expandable).
The Moto X wooden variant will cost you Rs 26,000, which is again pretty steep. What else could you buy in this price range?
- Sony Xperia SP.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 16 GB.
- HTC Desire 700.
- Nokia Lumia 1320.
- Nokia Lumia 720.
Most reviews point to a smooth experience that is similar to the Motorola G. The camera is still an average for a 10 megapixel module.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000