15:32 11th Mar, 2014
Gionee Elife S5.5 To Reach Indian Shores This Month
The handset sandwiches a true octa-core processor and even a wide angle lens in the package.
After unveiling what’s touted to be the world’s slimmest handset at the MWC, Gionee finally announced that its premium offering would reach Indian shores by the end of March.
Invites have been sent out asking us to set the date for the 30th of March as Gionee gets all geared up for the launch of the super-slim Elife S5.5 in India. The handset sports an anorexic 5.5 mm waistline and somehow manages to maintain it all over the body, which is again built over a magnesium alloy frame.
Slim does not mean that this handset is a slouch. The Elife S5.5 packs in a 5.5 inch Super AMOLED Full HD display with a protective and scratch-proof layer of Corning’s finest Gorilla Glass 3. Inside is a 1.7 GHz true octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processor coupled with a large serving of 2 GB RAM which should make it quite a contender for most flagship devices in the benchmarks game.
Gionee’s custom skin called the Amigo UI 2.0 runs atop Android Jelly Bean version 4.2. Also included is a 13 MP sensor from Sony with a 95 degree wide-angle lens on the back and 2300 mAh battery to power it all.
Such specs will surely make even the iPhone go on a diet (dimension-wise that is). However, what remains to be seen is how the phone performs in hand, as the E6 certainly failed to impress us last year.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000