13:30 07th Feb, 2014
XOLO Q1010 Spotted Online Prior Official Launch
With just minor upgrades over the existing Q1000, will the Q1010 entice buyers?
The Q1010 has just surfaced on the popular ecommerce site Flipkart and it seems that XOLO is all set to launch the successor to the Q1000. But, the specifications sheet from the listing, tells us another tale altogether.
To begin with, the Q1010 has the same HD IPS display at 295 ppi as on the older Q1000. Moreover the Android software version also seems to be stuck at 4.2 Jelly Bean while the camera still remains an 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, BSI sensor.
So what has changed? The CPU has been upgraded to a newer 1.3 GHz MTK 6582, quad-core processor and the Mail-400 GPU running at 500 MHz. The design seems like a replica of the Q2000 with the shiny chrome sides and the rubber clad back. The front-facing camera has been upgraded to a 2 MP unit, while the battery has been upgraded to a healthy 2250 mAh which is step-up from the older 2100 mAh unit.
All-in-all there is no reason to upgrade from a Q1000 to Q1010 unless you are looking for newer design, better video chatting or a battery upgrade.
- 5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display.
- 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6582 processor.
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean).
- Dual SIM (GSM).
- 8 megapixel rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor.
- 2 MP front-facing camera.
- 1 GB RAM, 4 GB internal memory, 32 GB expandable memory with MicroSD.
- 2250 mAh battery.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets