13:52 19th Jan, 2012
Facebook Speaks Out Against Internet Censorship
Mark Zuckerberg protests through his FB Wall against "poorly thought out laws".
As internet giants unite against the proposed Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) and Protect IP Act (PIPA) laws that are under consideration by the US Senate, Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg has also finally taken a stand. On his Wall, Zuckerberg recently posted, "The internet is the most powerful tool we have for creating a more open and connected world. We can't let poorly thought out laws get in the way of the internet's development. Facebook opposes SOPA and PIPA, and we will continue to oppose any laws that will hurt the internet". He also added that the world today needs "pro-internet" leaders.
As the debate about internet censorship and intellectual property rights gains momentum, it will be interesting to see how much of this online protest translates into a real world influence on the Senate's vote.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (March, 2017)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (March, 2017)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (March, 2017)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000