00:28 10th Dec, 2013
Facebook May Soon "Sympathise" With You
Contemplates on adding a sympathise option for sad status updates.
Do you have friends who hit "Like" on your "dog just died" status update? Are you looking for true friends that won't be that insensitive? Well, then GET OFF Facebook! Or, just wait till the 'Sympathise' Button comes to life. If reports on the Huffington Post is to be believed, the social network is toying with the idea of making it a reality. At one of Facebook's recent hackathons the idea of creating a "sympathise" would popup on "gloomier status updates", which would be indicated by a "negative emotion from Facebook's fixed list of feelings", the "like" button would be automatically turn to "sympathise."
The idea was made public at Facebook's Compassion Research Day talk, where FB engineer Dan Muriello said, "It would be, 'five people sympathize with this,' instead of 'five people ‘like’ this,'" said Muriello. "Which of course a lot of people were -- and still are -- very excited about. But we made a decision that it was not exactly the right time to launch that product. Yet."
Damn it, that means I don't get to hit Sympathize on my friends' just married/engaged statuses? How Sad indeed!
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000