21:50 07th Jan, 2012
Android Market Crosses 4,00,000 Milestone
Is catching up quickly with Apple's App Store.
Google's Android Market crossed a major milestone of 4,00,000 apps, bringing it closer to rival Apple's App Store figures. While the latter currently hosts over 5,00,000 apps, its Android counterpart is racing in to bridge the gap. The above figures have been reported by marketplace watcher Distimo, which has considered only active apps.
The report also states that it took Android Market a few more months than the App Store to reach this mark. The former has been slow off the blocks, but has outpaced its rival ever since crossing the 2,00,000 mark. The major contributors to this speed burst have been free apps.
Being liberal about app submissions seems to have made a difference, as many developers are able to freely create apps to be placed on the Android Market.
- Top 5 Indian Monuments You Can Visit Using Google's StreetView
- 5 Best Free Photo Editing Apps On Android
- Five Best Compact Cameras Under Rs 10,000
- Top 5 Selfie Smartphone Recommendations
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (August, 2015)
- TV Recommendations Under Rs 40,000
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 20,000 (August, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 30,000 (June, 2015)
- Top Earphones Under Rs 1000