21:50 07th Jan, 2012
Android Market Crosses 4,00,000 Milestone
Is catching up quickly with Apple's App Store.
Google's Android Market crossed a major milestone of 4,00,000 apps, bringing it closer to rival Apple's App Store figures. While the latter currently hosts over 5,00,000 apps, its Android counterpart is racing in to bridge the gap. The above figures have been reported by marketplace watcher Distimo, which has considered only active apps.
The report also states that it took Android Market a few more months than the App Store to reach this mark. The former has been slow off the blocks, but has outpaced its rival ever since crossing the 2,00,000 mark. The major contributors to this speed burst have been free apps.
Being liberal about app submissions seems to have made a difference, as many developers are able to freely create apps to be placed on the Android Market.
- TV Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Purchasing A New TV
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (January, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 20,000 (February, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 30,000 (February, 2015)
- Top Smartphones For Business Users
- Five Affordable Portable Media Players For Music Lovers
- Top Quad-Core Phones Under Rs 10,000 (February, 2015)
- Top Tablet Recommendations Under Rs 10,000