Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
03:39 11th Sep, 2013
Apple Introduces Its Low-Cost iPhone 5C
The plasticky phones, which seemed like a rumour initially, come in Lumia-esque colours.
To compete against the ever-increasing army of Droids, Apple has finally added a low-rank soldier to its line-up. Taking a leaf from Nokia's book, Apple has added a dash of colour and polycarbonate to its iPhone 5C. Similar to the Lumia 620 and 820, the phone features a glossy outer shell that comes in green, white, blue, red, and yellow. The new phone is thicker and heavier when compared to the metal-clad iPhone 5.
In terms of innards, there's hardly anything that separates the 5C from its predecessor. Its 4" Retina display packs in 1136x640 pixels. The scratch-resistant glass found in the iPhone 5 is missing. The handset is powered by a A6 chipset, and has 1 GB of RAM. Other specs include an 8 megapixel auto focus camera with LED flash, 1.2 mp front-facing snapper, Wi-Fi with AirPlay support, Bluetooth 4.0, and Assisted GPS with GLONASS. Similar to its expensive sibling, the iPhone 5S, this phone will boot to iOS7 out-of-the-box.
In the US, 16 GB version of the device will cost $99, on a two year contact. You'll have to pay double for the 32 GB variant. The off-contract prices of those two variants are pegged at $549 (Rs 36,500) and $649 (Rs 43,000) respectively. That is going to cause some serious heartbreak for those who were hoping that the C in iPhone 5C would stand for Cheap.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (January, 2017)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (January, 2017)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (January, 2017)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000