15:03 13th May, 2013
Sony Announces Xperia ZR, Boasts Of Highest Level Of Water Resistance Yet
The Android 4.1 handset can work after being submerged in 1.5 metres of water for 30 minutes.
Sony Mobile has announced the newest addition to the Xperia series, the Xperia ZR. Dubbed as being a waterproof smartphone, Xperia ZR is also dust resistant and complies with IP55 and IP58 standards. This means that the phone is protected from low pressure jets of water, and can be submerged under 1.5 metre of water for 30 minutes and still work fine. The 13 MP camera with Exmor RS for mobile and HDR (High Dynamic Range) will allow High-Definition video capture under water, and take good pictures too.
The smartphone will sport a 4.55" HD Reality Display with BRAVIA Engine 2 and OptiContrast panel. The Sony Xperia ZR also comes with STAMINA mode for battery, which claims to hike up the standby time by fourfold.
Technical specifications of the Xperia ZR include:
- 4.55" HD Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2 (1280 x 720 pixels).
- 13 MP camera with "Exmor RS for mobile" and HDR with 16x digital zoom.
- Waterproof and dust resistant (IP55/IP58 compliant).
- Quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor clocked at 1.5 GHz.
- 2 GB RAM.
- 8 GB Internal storage.
- Google Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).
There is no word on pricing, but it the handset will be available in global markets from the second quarter of 2013. Here's the official video showing off the Sony Xperia ZR:
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets