18:17 06th Mar, 2013
Evernote Achieves Over A Million Indian Users, Gets Hacked Soon After
All of Evernote's 50 million users will have to reset passwords.
After Apple, Microsoft, Facebook and Twitter, it is now the turn of popular online note taking service Evernote which recorded 1 million Indian users recently, to get hacked.
Apparently their network was breached, resulting in user data being compromised. Hackers were able to gain access to information such as email addresses, usernames and certain encrypted passwords. Due to this, the company has sent out e-mails to possibly affected users, requesting them to reset their password. Evernote also claims that no "sensitive" user data was found to be compromised.
If the hackers sell the e-mail addresses, a lot of people are likely to receive extra spam mail.
"In our security investigation, we have found no evidence that any of the content you store in Evernote was accessed, changed or lost. We also have no evidence that any payment information for Evernote Premium or Evernote Business customers was accessed" says Evernote on its blog.
"As a precaution to protect your data, we have decided to implement a password reset", states Evernote in e-mails sent to affected users. The details of steps to follow while resetting password, have also been explained on the Evernote blog.
Resetting of passwords is recommended since there could be details related to "money transfers" and other confidential information. Meanwhile, Washington Post says that around 50-million Evernote users will have to reset their passwords, as a result of the hack.
Infographic: Evernote hits 1 million Indian users, as stated in a press release of 27th February.
- Five Apps Every Doctor Must Have
- Top 5 Budget Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (April 2016)
- Top 5 Budget Smartphones Under Rs 15,000 (April 2016)
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000 (April 2016)
- Top 5 Smartphones Under Rs 20,000
- Top 5 Selfie Smartphone Recommendations
- Top 5 Chromebooks Available In India
- Five Best Compact Cameras Under Rs 10,000
- 5 Best Free Photo Editing Apps On Android
- TV Recommendations Under Rs 40,000