Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
22:34 25th Nov, 2011
Sharp's AQUOS SH-01D Surfaces In Japan
First waterproof 3D Android to pack in a 12 MP camera.
Japanese gadgets have always been different from the rest. Except for the pink colour, I actually like their smarphones. To tease us further, Sharp has launched the AQUOS SH-01D, a waterproof device that runs Android 2.3 (Gingerbread).
The phone is powered by a 1 GHz dual-core CPU. It flaunts a 4.5" LCD that makes use of parallax barrier technology to offer a glassless 3D experience. The connectivity front is all set with GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, a 3.5 mm jack, and an inbuilt TV-tuner card (no details available on how that works). If all this isn't enough, the phone is also loaded with a 12 MP camera featuring optical image stabilization. This could be the first such phone in that country - sorry N8, Nokia doesn't exist in Japan!
Japanese operator NTT DOCOMO will begin selling this device from 2nd December. Users will get the option to choose from blue, black, and white (thankfully, no pink!). Usually, Sharp phones never show up outside Japanese shores, but this time around, it just might cross the seas.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000