Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
24th Feb, 2013
Samsung Announces GALAXY Note 8.0 With Phone Functionality
The Android Jelly Bean slate offers a quad-core chipset, 5 megapixel camera, and stylus support.
Samsung has added yet another device to its GALAXY Note series. Dubbed as Note 8.0, his time it's an 8" tablet that runs Android Jelly Bean out of the box. Similar to the Note 2 and Note 10.1, this one also comes with the S-Pen. And yes, you can hold this oversized gadget at your ear to make calls.
The Note 8.0 is powered by a quad-core Exynos chipset clocked at 1.6 GHz, and has 2 GB of RAM. Its 8" TFT screen comes with pixel dimensions of 1280x800. The tablet comes with a 5 megapixel rear camera and a 1.3 mp front-facing snapper. Consumers will get to choose between 16 and 32 GB versions, and there will be a microSD card slot for memory expansion. Thanks to its IR port, you can turn it into a universal remote control to control TVs, set-top boxes, DVD, and Blu-ray players. For more details on its specs, check out the list below:
- 1.6 GHz A9 quad-core processor.
- 8" screen with 1280x800 pixels (189 ppi).
- Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) OS.
- 5 megapixel rear camera, 1.3 mp front-facing camera.
- S-Pen features including, S Note, S Planner, Air View, Email with hand-writing integration.
- GPS, A-GPS ＋ GLONASS (3G Version), Wi-Fi.
- Accelerometer, Digital compass, Proximity sensor.
- 2 GB of RAM, 16 / 32 GB internal storage.
- microSD (support for up to 64GB).
- 4600 mAh battery.
The GALAXY Note 8.0 will be available worldwide from the second quarter of the year. The tablet will come in Wi-Fi only, 3G, and 4G LTE versions. However, Samsung hasn't shed any light on the device's pricing yet.