02:45 23rd Feb, 2013
American Express Unveils 'ezeClick' Wallet Service To Secure Online Payments
Ensures safety of online transactions and purchases.
American Express has launched an online wallet service that can hold your credit card details, in order to help you speed up online purchases while keeping your data secure. The ezeClick system requires you to set up an account with your card details such as Card Number, Expiry Date, and Security Code. Once saved, you can make card payments using your ezeClick user ID.
At the heart of this system is an American Express SafeKey that creates a One Time Password (OTP) that needs to be used to complete the transaction. Similar to mobile services such as NGpay, the system works with services including MakeMytrip, Bookmyshow, Infibeam, Vodafone, Idea, Tata Sky, eBay, and Spicejet amongst many others.
However, it is always advised to be cautious with services like this. There have been cases of data leakage from wallet apps, and cases money being stolen from mobile payment apps. When storing such confidential data, make sure that you trust apps completely: sometimes popular apps can add a major dent to your pocket. Always keep a tab on your card statement, and in case of discrepancies, alert the authorities immediately.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000