Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
17:05 21st Feb, 2013
Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 And 400 SoC Announced, With Quad-core Mobile Processors
Both are meant to power budget smartphones, another member of the family powers the HTC One flagship phone.
Right after NVIDIA showed off its new chipset, Qualcomm has unveiled two SoCs in the Snapdragon series. Unlike the NVIDIA's offering though, Qualcomm's new chips are meant for entry-level smartphones.
The Snapdragon 400 comes in dual and quad-core flavour. According to the press release, the dual-core variant will run at 1.7 GHz per core featuring Asynchronous Symmetric Multiprocessing (aSMP). This is said to deliver peak performance while staying power efficient. On the other hand, multiple ARM Cortex-A7 CPUs will be clocked at 1.4 GHz in the quad-core version. Here are some more technical details:
- Adreno 305 GPU.
- Support for key modem technologies including TDSCDMA, DC-HSPA+ (42Mbps), 1x Advanced, W+G CDMA.
- Multi-SIM capabilities of Dual SIM, Dual Standby and Dual SIM, Dual Active.
- Camera sensor support up to 13.5 Megapixel.
- 1080p video capture and playback support.
- Support for Miracast, a wireless display technology that streams content from your mobile device to an HDTV.
Unlike what the numbering suggests, the Snapdragon 200 isn't less powerful than its older sibling. It packs in Quad ARM Cortex-A5 CPUs clocked at 1.4 GHz. Here's the list of features claimed by the company:
- Adreno 203 GPU.
- HD video playback.
- CDMA multimode/UMTS modem options.
- High-accuracy GPS.
- Multi-SIM capabilities: Dual Sim Dual Standby.
- Up to 8 Megapixel camera support.
With these new additions, Qualcomm now offers Snapdragon 800, 600, 400 and 200. Out of which, the first two are meant for high-end phones. In case you missed, the HTC's new flagship One is based on Snapdragon 600.
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (January, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 20,000 (January, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 30,000 (December, 2014)
- Top Smartphones For Business Users
- Five Affordable Portable Media Players For Music Lovers
- Top Quad-Core Phones Under Rs 10,000 (August, 2014)
- Top Tablet Recommendations Under Rs 10,000