13:27 08th Feb, 2013
Google Celebrates Ghazal Maestro Jagjit Singh’s Birthday With A Demure Doodle
Doodle for his 72nd appears on Google India’s homepage.
Marking the 72nd birthday of the late Ghazal king Jagjit Singh, Google India paid homage to the singer with a demure doodle on its homepage. The singer passed away on 11th October, 2011, as a result of a brain haemorrhage.
The doodle sports Singh playing his iconic harmonium with the Google logo in the backdrop. One of the leading names in the world of Ghazals, he has crooned popular songs. Many of his songs also appeared on soundtracks of several movies such as "Jhuki jhuki si nazar" (Arth), "Tum itna jo" (Arth), "Tumko dekha toh yeh khayaal" (Saath Saath), "Kaagaz ki kashti" (Kasauti), "Hoshwalon ko khabar kya" (Sarfrosh), "Koi fariyaad" (Tum Bin), and "Chitthi na koi sandesh" (Dushman) among others.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (December, 2016)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (November, 2016)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (November, 2016)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000