13:27 08th Feb, 2013
Google Celebrates Ghazal Maestro Jagjit Singh’s Birthday With A Demure Doodle
Doodle for his 72nd appears on Google India’s homepage.
Marking the 72nd birthday of the late Ghazal king Jagjit Singh, Google India paid homage to the singer with a demure doodle on its homepage. The singer passed away on 11th October, 2011, as a result of a brain haemorrhage.
The doodle sports Singh playing his iconic harmonium with the Google logo in the backdrop. One of the leading names in the world of Ghazals, he has crooned popular songs. Many of his songs also appeared on soundtracks of several movies such as "Jhuki jhuki si nazar" (Arth), "Tum itna jo" (Arth), "Tumko dekha toh yeh khayaal" (Saath Saath), "Kaagaz ki kashti" (Kasauti), "Hoshwalon ko khabar kya" (Sarfrosh), "Koi fariyaad" (Tum Bin), and "Chitthi na koi sandesh" (Dushman) among others.
- TV Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Purchasing A New TV
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (January, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 20,000 (February, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 30,000 (February, 2015)
- Top Smartphones For Business Users
- Five Affordable Portable Media Players For Music Lovers
- Top Quad-Core Phones Under Rs 10,000 (February, 2015)
- Top Tablet Recommendations Under Rs 10,000