Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
23:41 05th Jan, 2012
Samsung Redesigns GALAXY Tab For Germany
Tries not to violate Apple's patents - again.
Back in September, Apple had won a lawsuit against Samsung over the violation of its patents. This resulted in a ban on the GALAXY Tab in Germany. In order to dodge this ban, Samsung has now come up with a slightly redesigned GALAXY Tab 10.1N.
The patent was mainly based on the use of edge-to-edge glass on the iPad. Hence, the Koreans added a frame outlining the screen. The speaker placement has also been changed, but apart from that you can't really make out the difference between the "original" and revamped design. Whether these changes will help the company to clear the patent hurdles remains to be seen. Either way, the manufacturer will definitely get some time to sell more tablets, before the court decides on this matter. For the Samsung fanboys who still think the company comes out with original designs, follow this link. Samsung fans in Germany can only hope that Apple hasn't patented its charger, box, and data cable.
Here's a comparison image of the GALAXY Tabs:
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- Five Apps Every Doctor Must Have
- Top 5 Budget Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (April 2016)
- Top 5 Budget Smartphones Under Rs 15,000 (April 2016)
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000 (April 2016)
- Top 5 Smartphones Under Rs 20,000
- Top 5 Selfie Smartphone Recommendations
- Five Best Compact Cameras Under Rs 10,000
- Top 5 Chromebooks Available In India
- 5 Best Free Photo Editing Apps On Android