18:02 01st Apr, 2013
Rumour: Apple iPhone 5S To Go The Phablet Way in July?
Apple iPhone 5S may debut in July 2013 without much changes except a larger screen and iOS7.
The Apple iPhone 5S may be all set to launch in a July time frame, if 91Mobiles is to be believed. This would be early in comparison to the recent two launches, as the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 had moved the launch period to the October-September period. The new phone would offer iOS7, and hardware specifications aren''t expected to change much. The shocker is in the expected screen size of 5 inches. To maintain their trail-blazing pixel density, the phone may offer an awe-inspiring screen resolution like the iPad 4 did.
After years of talking down to large-screen phones and claiming that 3.5 inches is the ideal screen size, the iPhone 5 has already broken Apple tradition with its 4" screen. After seeing off the first year anniversary in October 2012 of Steve Jobs'' death, is Tim Cook now breathing easy that he is safely dead and gone? With the larger screen and resolution it entails, does Apple get to stamp its authority and make even the best Android phone-blets look puny again?
Leaked technical specifications of the iPhone 5S according to Apple Insider forum are:
- 5 inch display screen size
- iOS 7 operating system
- 8MP primary camera and a 1.2MP front facing camera
- A7 Cortex processor
- 16GB, 32GB and 64GB internal storage options
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and LTE connectivity
- Sensors like 3-Axis Gyroscope and Accelerometer
- iCloud support
There is no news on pricing, nor on the status of Apple Maps which took "a whole new turn" in iOS6 and frustrated users.
- TV Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Purchasing A New TV
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (March, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 20,000 (March, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 30,000 (March, 2015)
- Top Smartphones For Business Users
- Five Affordable Portable Media Players For Music Lovers
- Top Quad-Core Phones Under Rs 10,000 (February, 2015)
- Top Tablet Recommendations Under Rs 10,000