18:03 01st Apr, 2013
Micromax Takes On Samsung: Launches Quad Core A116 Canvas HD Phablet
The smartphone series retains its USP of Dual-SIM support and 5-inch screen at a low price.
The Micromax A116 Canvas HD smartphone has been launched in India. It improves upon the preceding A110 with a quad-core processor, 1280x720 pixel HD resolution display and Jelly Bean (Android OS 4.1). Its USP remains the same - 5" screen with dual-SIM capability.
The A116 Canvas HD was launched just yesterday, a day before the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Grand. Micromax seems to be taking the Korean giant head-on. The Galaxy Grand''s pricing will determine how this budget phablet battle takes course.
Technical specifications of this smartphone are:
- 5-inch IPS screen, HD display of 1280x720 pixels with 294 ppi density.
- 1.2 GHz Quad core processor (MediaTek MT6589).
- 5XT PowerVR series GPU.
- Android 4.1 Jellybean operating system.
- Dual-SIM support.
- 8MP rear camera, with Night Mode and 4X Zoom.
- VGA front camera.
- 1 GB RAM.
- 4 GB internal storage.
- micro SD slot for expansion up to 32 GB.
- GPS, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth connectivity.
- HD quality video playback supported.
- 2100 mAh battery.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000