18:00 23rd Jan, 2013
Confirmed: Samsung Launching Galaxy Grand Phablet In India Tomorrow
To be unveiled at a press event in Mumbai. Price not yet known.
The newest smartphone in Samsung's Galaxy line-up will be unveiled tomorrow at a press event in Mumbai and sources close to the launch have confirmed to us that it will actually be the Samsung Galaxy Grand. The Samsung Galaxy Grand was announced last month and the phone arriving at Indian shores this fast after the global announcement is commendable.
The Grand sports a 5" display powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and features Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system. For imaging it has an 8 MP rear camera coupled with a 1.3 MP front camera for video calling.
TechTree will post updates on the pricing and availability as soon as it is available at the press event.
Here's a full rundown on the specifications of the Samsung GALAXY Grand.
The fact that the Galaxy Grand has a 5 inch display with modest specs means it will be competing with an army of 5-incher Android devices littering the Indian market at affordable price points. Samsung will need to price the device competitively (read: not much more expensive than the crop of budget Android Phablets) to sway buyers' purchase decision in their favour.
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- Audio Gadgets Under INR 5,000 For This Season
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- Top 5 Budget Smartphones Under Rs 10,000
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- Top Five Smartphones Based On AnTuTu Scores (May 2016)
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000