16:16 23rd Jan, 2013
Byond Launches Jelly Bean Flavored Smartphone B63
Features 1.2 GHz dual-core processor with dual-SIM and 3G.
No, that's not a typo in the headline, in case you were wondering whether we typed 'b' instead of 'e'. The similarity in the name between this new phone launched by Byond, and that of one of Nokia's more successful qwerty phones is so conspicuous, it can only be deliberate.
After introducing its 6" Phablet PIII a couple of weeks ago, Byond has now launched another smartphone, called B63. The 4.5" screen based Byond B63 features Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS and is powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core and 512 MB of RAM. Byond has priced the B63 at an MRP of Rs 12,500 and includes a complimentary carry case and screen guard. While the MRP may seem high, considering that the brand hardly has a recall, the selling price of Rs 10,000 (as found on Flipkart) puts it in the league of 5" phablets. In this segment where bigger is perceived to be better, the B63's claim to the price bracket could be it's Android 4.1 (most others are 4.0) and a higher pixel density. It is available in Black and White colours.
Here's the full list of specifications for the Byond B63:
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system
- Dual-SIM (GSM + GSM)
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
- 512 MB RAM
- 4.5 inch touchscreen display with pixel dimensions of 540 x 960.
- 4 GB internal memory expandable to 32 GB using micro-USB card
- 8 mp rear camera, VGA front camera
- Wi-Fi, 3G, Bluetooth
- 2000 mAh battery
- TV Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Purchasing A New TV
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (March, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 20,000 (March, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 30,000 (March, 2015)
- Top Smartphones For Business Users
- Five Affordable Portable Media Players For Music Lovers
- Top Quad-Core Phones Under Rs 10,000 (February, 2015)
- Top Tablet Recommendations Under Rs 10,000