21:33 16th Jan, 2013
Rumour: Is Sony Readying An Xperia Z Tablet?
New tablet codenamed "Pollux" could feature a 10" screen and 8 mp camera.
If the rumours are to be believed, Sony is readying a tablet that replicates the design of its recently announced flagship smartphone — The Xperia Z. The Xperia Z tablet is expected to feature a large Full HD 10.1" screen and a 1.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon processor. It will probably run Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) out of the box. The Xperia Z tablet has been codenamed "Pollux" after the giant star, and has been given the model number C690X for the western region (It's coded SO-03E in Japan).
Here is the list of rumoured specifications:
- 1.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon processor.
- 10.1" screen with pixel dimensions of 1920x1200.
- 2 GB RAM.
- 32 GB storage (no word on micro-SD card slot).
- 6.9 mm thickness.
- LTE and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- 8 mp rear camera and 2 mp front camera.
- Water and dust resistant.
- 6000 mAh battery.
- Available colours: black and white.
Although the specs look impressive, Sony's previous tablets have failed to make much of a mark. We wonder if the Xperia Z tablet can change the tide in Sony's favour this time around.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets