12:08 17th Jan, 2013
Google Celebrates Frank Zamboni Birthday With A Slow Doodle Game
Zamboni is credited with creating the first prototype of the ice-surfacing machine in 1949.
Barring those living in Himachal Pradesh or further up north, most of us would not have played on snow, real or artificial. As the maker of the first known the modern ice resurfacer, Frank Zamboni celebrates his 112th birthday, Google has joined the celebrations through a doodle-based game. In the game, you play the resurfacer who has to clean and smoothen up the surface of an ice rink after a bunch of skaters have played around, all before your Zamboni (yes, it's a trademarked term) runs out of fuel. You earn points for the re-surfaced part, and levels increase. With the higher levels come more number of skaters. The game also throws up power-ups and obstacles such as banana peels (to spin out of control), ice creams (bonus points), coffee pots (to speed up), and fuel cans (to tank up). Once you run out of fuel, you get the option of sharing your scores via Google Plus. Not as amazing as the PAC-MAN doodle or even the Olympic bunch, but the slow game will keep you hooked on for some time.
While the regional doodle doesn't appear on the global or the Google India site, head over to Google UK to while away your free time. Or else, you can always find it at Google's official doodle repository listing.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000