Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
16:11 21st Nov, 2012
Zen Launches Android 2.3 Ultraphone U1 With 3.5" Screen For Rs 5000
Features a 3.2 mp camera, 1 GHz CPU, and dual-SIM functionality.
Domestic handset manufacturer Zen has released an entry-level smarphone, the Ultraphone U1. With this launch, the company now has three handsets in its Android portfolio. This dual-SIM (GSM + GSM) handset is powered by a 1 GHz processor and has 512 MB of RAM. Apart from that, it features a 3.5" capacitive touchscreen, 3.2 mp camera, and Wi-Fi connectivity. On the software front, it features the relatively outdated Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) — a proper turn off for Android fans. Here's the complete list of features:
- 3.5" multi-touch capacitive screen.
- 3.2 mp camera with LED flash.
- 1 GHz CPU, 512 MB of RAM.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth with A2DP support.
- 512 MB internal memory, MicroSD card slot expandable up to 32 GB.
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread).
- Dual-SIM (GSM + GSM), Supports EDGE, No 3G.
- 1200 mAh Li-ion battery.
- Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor, Gyro.
According to Zen, the handset comes pre-installed with Skype, Facebook, G-talk, Whatsapp, GaneshSpeaks (an astrology app), nexGTV, and MapMyIndia (mapping software). Going by the pics we have, the phone looks much like the recently unveiled Lava Iris N350. Also, there's hardly any difference between the spec sheets.
At Rs 5000, the Ultraphone U1 is Rs 500 cheaper than Lava's offering.
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (July, 2014)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 20,000 (June, 2014)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 30,000 (June, 2014)
- Top Smartphones For Business Users
- Best Gaming Smartphones Available In India
- Five Affordable Portable Media Players For Music Lovers
- Top Quad-Core Phones Under Rs 10,000
- Top Five Tablets Under Rs 10,000