Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
09:52 10th Oct, 2012
Samsung Unveils GALAXY Music Smartphone With 3" Screen And Built-In Projector
ICS handset sports a 3 MP camera and stereo speakers; no details about its pricing and launch date yet.
Samsung has added a new member to its smartphone lineup called the GALAXY Music. As its name suggests, the USP of the device is its music playing capabilities. Although the handset appears to be a budget droid, it features Android 4.0 (Ice cream Sandwich). Moreover, much like the GALAXY Beam, this one packs in a 480p pico projector. Samsung claims that the handset features a "powerful processor", but doesn't shed any light on the important details such as its clock speed. In the looks department, what sets it apart from others is a pair of SRS-enabled speakers on the front. The phone's modest 3" touch screen has pixel dimensions of 240x320. Here's the list of specs confirmed by the manufacturer:
- Quad-band GSM (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz), Dual-band 3G (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz).
- 3.0” QVGA (240x320) TFT screen, WVGA Projector (9 Lumen @ 1 Watt).
- 3 MP fixed-focus camera (lacks flash).
- 512 MB RAM, 4 GB internal storage, microSD slot (upto 32 GB).
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS, USB 2.0.
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
- Supported Audio: MP3, OGG, AAC, AAC＋, eAAC＋, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, WAV, MID, IMY, FLAC, WMA.
- Supported Video: VP8, MPEG4, H.263, H.264.
- FM radio (built-in antenna and RDS support), 3.5 mm jack, Music player with SoundAlive and SRS enhancements.
- Accelerometer, Digital compass, Proximity sensor.
- 4.3" (l) x 2.3" (w) x 0.5" (12 mm) (d), 107 grammes.
- 1300 mAh Li-ion battery.
The cellphone will also be made available in a dual-SIM variant, and, no prizes for guessing it will be called the GALAXY Music DUOS. However, as of this writing, Samsung hasn't revealed the device's pricing or a launch date.