11:17 30th Sep, 2012
Micromax Unveils Funbook Infinity With 7" Screen And Android 4.0 For Rs 6700
Features a 4000 mAh battery, 2 mp rear and 0.3 mp front camera; includes two Bollywood movies.
Micromax is one brand that seems to be ruling the roost as far as the budget market is concerned. After launching several Android-based smartphones, the company has brought the spotlight back on its budget tablets. The latest addition to its slate lineup is the Funbook Infinity (P275), which features a 1.2 GHz processor and runs on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Here's the detailed list of specifications:
- 7" TFT WVGA LCD capacitive multi-touch screen with pixel dimensions of 800x480, 16.7 million colours.
- Android 4.0.4 (ICS), Adobe Flash support.
- 1.2 GHz Cortex-A8 CPU, Dual-core Mali-400 GPU, 512 MB RAM.
- 2 mp main and 0.3 mp front camera.
- Wi-Fi, supports 3G via external dongle, USB 2.0, Bluetooth not supported.
- 4 GB internal storage; 32 GB microSD card slot.
- Video Formats: H.264, DivX, XviD, RM, AVI, MKV, RMVB, MP4, MOV, VOB, DAT, FLV, 3GP; 1080p playback.
- Audio Formats: MP3, WMA, OGG, AAC, M4A, FLAC, APE, 3GP, WAV.
- Orientation sensor, Front-facing dual speakers.
- 4000 mAh battery with 6 hours of internet browsing.
- Available Colour: Slate Grey.
The tablet comes preloaded with educational content sourced from McGraw Hill, Everonn, Pearson, and Vriti, which can be purchased separately. Bundled entertainment apps from BigFlix, Zenga, Hungama, and IndiaGames have been included, along with two full-length Bollywood movies — Rowdy Rathore and Tees Maar Khan. While the ample battery will doubtless last through any one of these flicks, it's highly unlikely that your patience will.
Similar to earlier products in the series, the Funbook Infinity also comes with an offer to obtain a Tata Photon+ 3G dongle for Rs 500, including data usage of 1 GB per month for two months. The slate is priced at Rs 6700, and the press release mentions that it's available on Micromax's e-store — though it was nowhere to be seen as of this writing.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (January, 2017)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (January, 2017)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (January, 2017)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000