10:08 16th Aug, 2012
HCL ME Y2 Android 4.0 Tablet With 3G SIM And 7" Screen Launched For Rs 15,000
Comes with 2 mp main and 0.3 mp front camera; doesn't support Google Play, offers ME App store instead.
HCL has announced yet another 7" tablet to its ME range, named the ME Tablet Y2. This new variant boast of more RAM, larger internal storage, and better pixel dimensions as compared to its predecessor the ME Tablet U1. The device ships with Android 4.0 (ICS) out of the box and comes bundled with several apps. Here's a detailed look at its specs:
- 7" LCD IPS screen, with pixel dimensions of 1024x600.
- 1 GHz Cortex A9 CPU, Mali 400 GPU, and 1 GB RAM.
- Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
- 4.7" (l) x 7.9" (w) x 0.5" (13 mm) (d), weighs 370 grammes.
- 2 mp main and 0.3 mp front camera.
- 3G SIM support: HSDPA 3.6 Mbps DL, which also supports voice calls.
- 8 GB internal storage that can be further expanded up to 32 GB via microSD card.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth with A2DP support, mini-HDMI port, mini-USB port.
- Full HD (1080p) video playback support; supported audio formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+.
- 4000 mAh battery.
Priced at an MRP of Rs 15,000, the tablet comes pre-loaded with apps such as ThinkFree Office Mobile, LinkedIn, Twitter, 3D Digital Weather Clock, Games, Sweet' N 'Spicy (Indian Foods and Recipe), iBrowser, Bollywood Hungama, and Saavn. It does not provide access to the Google Play store, so you are stuck with the ME App store. The company confirms that the gadget comes with a three-month free subscription to download and play unlimited music, videos, and ringtones via the Bollywood Hungama app. However reports about viewing streaming movies at Re 1 per month via Bigflix could not be corroborated. You can pick up the tablet for Rs 14,800 on Flipkart.com.
- Top 5 Budget Smartphones At Rs 15,000
- Top 5 Smartphones Under Rs 20,000
- Top 5 Chromebooks Available In India
- 5 Best Free Photo Editing Apps On Android
- Five Best Compact Cameras Under Rs 10,000
- Top 5 Selfie Smartphone Recommendations
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (August, 2015)
- TV Recommendations Under Rs 40,000