Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
21:42 03rd Aug, 2012
OEM Version Of Windows 8 Enterprise N Edition Leaked To File-Sharing And P2P Sites
ThePirateBay.org users claim that it's indeed "the real deal".
Just a day after Microsoft released the final OEM version of Windows 8 to manufacturers, leaked copies of the OS have started appearing on file-sharing sites. Reportedly, it's the 64-bit version of Windows 8 Enterprise N Edition that is doing the rounds of P2P sites. Many users from ThePirateBay.org have reported that it's indeed "the real deal". However, the download package is not bootable, and requires you to execute the setup file from your existing Windows installation. Since it's the N Edition (meant for European markets), it also lacks Windows Media Player. This is because in 2004, Microsoft was ordered to ship its OS sans WMP by the European Commission.
As of this writing, the download links are still active. However, my advice to readers is not to install it, since there is a good chance that the package may contain malware. This is even more probable because the links are hosted on Chinese and Russian sites. Finally, without the activation process, the OS will work for only 30 days. if you're really keen on trying out the new OS, download the Windows 8 Release Preview instead.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000