Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
15:09 03rd Aug, 2012
RIM Announces 4G LTE BlackBerry PlayBook With 7" Screen And Beefed-Up Specs
The tablet comes with a 1.5 GHz dual-core CPU and 5 mp rear camera; will launch in Canada on 9th August, but price not revealed as yet.
After appearing in leaked images a few months ago, the next generation PlayBook has been finally unveiled by RIM. Dubbed as the 4G LTE BlackBerry PlayBook, it runs the BB PlayBook OS 2, which is already available for its predecessor. As its name suggests, the slate supports 4G LTE, along with Wi-Fi. Since 4G SIMs aren't available in our country yet, Indians will be more interested in its bumped-up 1.5 GHz dual-core CPU. Here's the list of detailed specs:
- 7" multi-touch capacitive screen with pixel dimensions of 1024x600.
- 5 mp rear camera with 1080p video recording, 3 mp front camera.
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB RAM.
- LTE (700, 1700 MHz), HSPA+ (2100, 1900, 1700, 800, 900 MHz).
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1, GPS.
- Micro-HDMI and micro-USB ports.
- 32 GB internal storage, no flash card slot.
- Browser with HTML5 and Flash 11.2 support.
- Stereo speakers and microphones, six-axis gyroscope.
- Supported video formats: H.264, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, VP, WMV 9.
- Supported audio formats: AAC, ARM, MP3, WAV, Sorenson, WMA.
- 7.6" (w) x 5.1" (h) x 0.4" (10 mm) (d), 425 grammes.
The 4G LTE PlayBook will first be made available in Canada on 9th August, hitting the rest of the world at a later date. However, as of this writing, we neither have an exact launch date for India, nor details of the price.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000